Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Welcome to our blog!

Happy Summer everyone!  I created this website just for us-thinking it would be a great way to keep in touch over the summer as we are reading The Daily 5 and The CAFE books! I encourage everyone to ask questions and share ideas by commenting or creating posts.  I will create posts related to each chapter that will promote conversation and help us prepare for our school wide launch in August!

I have also linked us to some websites that you might find helpful as we begin this journey:
The Daily Cafe-a website created by "the sisters" that includes great information (some of it is free and some is reserved for members only)
Beth Newingham's classroom library-this teachers provides us with an inside look into her classroom.  The book tub labels I emailed you last week come from this site!
Book Wizard-a direct link that gives you the text level for your classroom libary books!

Happy reading!

7 comments:

  1. Reading Ch.2 of the CAFE book about launching D5 and cafe. Wondering about how to integrate Smart Start with the launching minilessons?

    Yo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am even more excited about reading this now!! Thanks, Holly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to read again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After reading the intro in the Daily 5 book, I connected with the frustrations they mention that come along with students not staying on task. My experience with Daily 5, is that trust and stamina are key. Letting go of the control isn't easy but essential. Stamina is going to be the buzz word not only for us but the students as well. We have to be willing to change so that we can really move these kids forward. What an exciting change!

    ReplyDelete